Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Weird Emails....

My sister sent me an email that said send this back to me and describe me in one word. Now that is a loaded question. Esp. if I dont really get along with her. If she wants the truth... I would say "materialistic". Our conversations always revolve around she bought this and she bought that. And she bought her 16 year old daughter Nicky a class ring, and comparing her to Rose. Know what i started thinking? That comparing Nicky to Rose is like comparing apples to oranges!! Rose is not a "normal" teenager. She isnt into high fashion, or hair styles, or boys, or driving, getting all the fluff involved in high school. But neither was I. None of that stuff is important in the grand scheme of things!! Once you graduate, none of it matters, popularity was a vain pursuit! How about what you were really sent there for... TO LEARN!

"Scary" Forwards. The title said look at the pic WOW.. and it had this really cool picture of Jesus on it. But it says you have to send it to 10 people or something bad will happen to you. That's what happened to the people who didn't send it. It brought me to a couple thoughts... Can this email really bring you "bad luck"? What is the harm of sending it... better to be safe the sorry right? And if you didnt send it and something bad happened, you would think it was because you didnt send that email, and you have enuff to worry about right now without adding something else. The other thought is what if you sent it to someone who thought it was a bunch of hogwash, and didnt send it to people, and something bad happened to them... would you feel bad? These are the thoughts going thru my head as I contemplate sending it to the people on my email list. But I didnt send it... I figured whatever happened would have happened regardless.

No comments: