Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My "Sim"ulated Life...LOL

For my birthday I wanted to get the Sims 2 Seasons expansion pack. I hadnt bought any of the others but since I love the seasons i thought this would be fun.

The original Sims game came out I think in 2000.... and as you may have read or heard, it is like making a "simulated" family and playing them. You make a family with just you, or you can add a husband... as many kids as you want or no kids. They can look exactly like you or what you would like to look like. They can be as rich as you want or don't cheat and make them earn a living! =D You can build them a great big house with all the amenities including a swimming pool, or just a nice small house.

When I first got the game in 2000... i would play it for hours and hours. I would literally play it all day when Marty was at work, and an hour before he came home i would do the "flight of the bumblebee" to clean the house... so he didnt know i was playing it all day! (My DH reads my blog and I hope he already knows this... LMAO! If not ... well now you know hunny! =D )

The second expansion pack came out in 2004. I think i played it for an hour or two a day and then I was done. I havent played it in 2 years before I bought that expnsion pack! LOL! And you know what I think it was? I was completely miserable back them, and i tried to live out my "dream life" on a video game! Where I wasnt tormented by in-laws, I lived right next to my mom, I could have fun and live my life and be happy. Pretty pathetic huh?

Now I would say I am overall satisfied and happy with my life. I dont need to simulate a pretend life to be happy. I been mostly using it for a design tool. Some it is because I have really grown in my faith. Some of it is because I have grown in closeness and intimacy with my husband.

No comments: