Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Have a New Kid by Friday

I read this book thru once before and it never really "did" anything for me. It was well written and very informative but I didnt really think anything of it.

So I decided to re-read it again this week. WHOA! Now it socks me right between the eyes! Do I ever need this book! LOL Especially for one of my children.

It talks about the ABC's.. attitude, behavior, and character. And how to achieve these in your children.. and in only 5 days!! Me being the skeptic that I am.... well I will let you know how it goes. It talks about giving them a dose of Vitamin N (NO), not that I had a problem with that before if they decide not to do something you have requested of them. Say it once and only once. Then walk away. Expect them to do what you said. And if they dont then either hire another child or do it yourself and take it out of said child's allowance.

Tuesday it talks about attitudes being caught not taught. Took some re-examining of my own attitudes. It gives surveys and according to the book I should have a copy on me at all times! One in my house and one in my car! LOL

I can see me having a lot of not me's over this! =D

No comments: