They say every cloud has a silver lining. I wonder if this parallels the verse in the Bible that says, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose"... Romans 8:28.I try always to be an optimist. But when the world gets me down I have my great friend Rae... sitting here trying to put this into words cause it is indescribable. Great doesn't begin to even touch on how much she means to me! She is absolutely a godsend in her infinite knowledge and love for people. She wrote me something before that I still have copy pasted to my desktop and read. She writes:
"Things happen every day to people, bad things to good people. But, if you live your life always afraid or worried about something happening, than you really aren't living your life. I know this is all easier said than done, but I try to live this way! Enjoy life to it's fullest, enjoy what you have today, make plans for the future, but be flexible, b/c we are living in an ever changing environment. Nothing is worth losing time and memories with your family and loved ones and life is too short to spend it with worry and stress. You do all you can do to make yourself and your family safe and that's all that you can do, some things are out of our control. The rest of the time enjoy life and leave the rest up to God."
I like it how we share stories of what happened in our past. It is comforting to know you are not the only one who has gone thru this.
This kind of friendship, sprinkled with wisdom and love, I wouldn't trade for the world. So in case I don't say it often enuff "Thank you Rae" for everything.
1 comment:
You make me blush. Thank you too for being there when I need a friend as well. You are a wonderful friend!
Post a Comment