Thursday, July 24, 2008

The ABC's of Life

I got an idea from my other post about "What do I spend my time doing?" So I went about creating a list from A to Z. Anyone else want to give it a try? Are you up for the challenge? =)
A - Anthony's Antics. He's my little monkey, and I can't help but laugh.. which makes him do it all the more!
B - Baby Care. Requires a lot of time we all know.
C - Cleaning and Cooking. More the former than the latter. With 5 kids it is never ending!
D - Diaper Duty. Or should I say doody? LOL
E - Entertaining and Hospitality. It is so fun having guests over!
F - Finding Lost Stuff. More DH than the kids. (insert rolling eyes smiley here)
G - Grocery Shopping. I try to limit it to twice a month but things are always running out.
H - Homeschooling. Even with the SOS curriculum, there is penmanship, reading aloud, arts and crafts, creative learning, and weekly trips to the library.
I - Inventing New Menus. If it is planned no one can fight over what we are eating.
J - Just Taking a Break by Reading. Try to keep up with my daily Bible reading, and other books I am learning from.
K - Keeping DH Happy. You know what I mean.... ;)~
L - Looking For New Ways to Save Money. Especially w/ today's economy. We have more than enuff to pay for all our bills, food and gas, and still some left at the end of the month. Since the prices are constantly changing, I need to be too.
M - Making Baby Food. It is more nutritious, cheaper and kinda fun!
N - Never Ending Battle of Messes. Wait... I covered this in C... but I am not kidding when you hear me always say "I am cleaning!" LOL
O - Offering to Help Out. People have been there to help me when I need it. I am very grateful for. I help them back when they need help too. It is a great barter system! Even when you don't get anything in return.. God knows and he always rewards!
P - Playing With the Kids. This is better than responsibilities like cleaning and sometimes I just let it all go and play.
Q - Quickly Writing an Email to a Friend. Or writing on my blog, or Peas, or Facebook....
R - Running Errands. Enuff said.
S - Sleeping. You gotta do that... right? ;)
T - Taking Time to Figure Out the Monthly Budget. Putting in all the deposits and withdrawls, making sure it is all balanced.
U - Understanding Kid's Battles. Two kids are arguing and both think they are in the right. I have to play "mini psychologist."
V - Video Games. Altho I do not do this too often usually once on the weekends. The boys love for me to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl on the Wii with them. Better to beat each other up on a video game than in real life right? LOL
W - Wishing There Was More Time in the Day. I think everyone is guilty of this one.
X - X Marks the Spot. Those annoying little spots that find there way on to the carpet and walls. (Sorry it was another cleaning one... but couldn't think of a better X one LOL)
Y - You Know What I Like to do when I ACTUALLY do get spare time? Crafts! Like sewing, scrapbooking and painting.
...and last but certainly not least...
Z - Zachary Needs Cuddling. He always crawls up to me when I am sitting at the computer or wherever I am standing, and wants me to pick him up and cuddle him.
All this is time consuming but I wouldn't trade it for the world!! =D

No comments: