..but today I was reading my comments (cause I hardly get comments ;) LOL) and Fish with Trish said I won the Love Dare book! The book I brought to WV with me to get Kirk Cameron to sign. I thought he would be at the table with his mom, but he was at another table with Ray Comfort.
I got in the wrong line, and by then there was so many people I decided
to get in the Todd Friel line. I had already been talking with him in the lobby about the Fireproof movie, and our families. I just love listening to him on Way of the Master Radio. So for me it wasn't a disappointment... one celebrity was just as good as another. I was just thankful to God I got to meet a celebrity cause believe it or not... at 35 years of age... it was my first time! Growing up in rural Upper Michigan you dont get that chance. And even here in MA. So I went to even more rural WV! LOL Well, Charleston wasnt so rural and thats where they were, at the Clay Center. God wanted me to have this book, with Kirk Cameron's autograph in it!
to get in the Todd Friel line. I had already been talking with him in the lobby about the Fireproof movie, and our families. I just love listening to him on Way of the Master Radio. So for me it wasn't a disappointment... one celebrity was just as good as another. I was just thankful to God I got to meet a celebrity cause believe it or not... at 35 years of age... it was my first time! Growing up in rural Upper Michigan you dont get that chance. And even here in MA. So I went to even more rural WV! LOL Well, Charleston wasnt so rural and thats where they were, at the Clay Center. God wanted me to have this book, with Kirk Cameron's autograph in it!
And if your still reading.. (My humble attempt at being excited LOL) I think I will have my own giveaway! I have a copy of the Love Dare book, that I havent read yet. (Barely even cracked the cover, I was waiting for my Fireproof stuff. That's what I bought with the Amazon gift certificate I received from my Secret Pea =D). So if you would like my copy.... write me a comment on my blog. How about... Your best marriage tip. What you do or your husband does to make your marriage extra special! Or how you keep your marriage together... even in the tough times. I will judge all the responses and on.. let's say.. Nov 14 (3 months before Valentine's Day) and make a decision. And for a sappy emotional PG girl.. it wont take much! Ha Ha Then send it to you... media mail! =D
Disclaimer: Hunny... you can participate if you want... but you can share the one I won with me!! =D

3 comments:
Congrats!!! I did go over and leave my comment when you told me about the contest, but I am happier to see that you won. A little pick-me-up that you needed. God is good, and he gave you a gift that you wanted but were willing to let go when you didn't get to meet Kirk.
I did pick up this book at the bookstore this weekend, and I had M look at it, but put it back and told him he could get it for me for Christmas. He said it's not just for me, so that's not fair. LOL. What can I say? I'm frugal.
Let's see, my best marriage tip? Making sure that you make your own time to spend w/ God, b/c I find that if I am not right in my own heart, I am much worse as a wife. When I am taking the time to pray, read, etc., I can better serve my family, communicate with M, bless him, etc. Starting with your own soul is the only way to build a healthy relationship. Kind of like... remove the plank in your own eye before you point out the speck in another's eye.
The best thing a married couple can do is to do the Becoming One study course together. It will help you be intimate, emotionally, sexually and spiritually. Men have to understand there wife and allow them to be who God made them to be and you have to become more like Jesus Christ himself. To be a spiritual leader is difficult but worth it.
Ok, so I am late here. Sorry about that! I think JC gave some very good advice, better than any I could give I think, so I'm very happy that she is going to be the recipient of the book!
After JC's advice, and Marty's, I would say being considerate of one another. It's all too easy when stress occurs in life to inadvertently take that out on your spouse. We keep ourselves guarded and in check when amongst others, but when at home we let our guard down and it becomes too easy to be snappish or critical without really meaning to be that way. So, if your spouse is snappish, instead of snapping back as we are so oft to do, try to step back and see what is really going on and just ask, "Hey, has something happened to put you on edge or are you stressed about something?" At the same time, be conscience of your own actions and not allow yourself to take out your stress on the most important people in your life. Communicate your troubles. A burden shared is a burden lessened.
Post a Comment