Saturday, September 6, 2008

10 Years! Already... so far... can you believe it?

10 years ago... September 6th, 1998...
I left my small town of Manistique, MI and moved to Westfield, MA. Rose was 7 and Cody was 2. Reflecting on the last 10 years:

When I moved here my mom thought, my dear husband of 9 years now, was an axe murderer, since we had met on the internet. LOL That seemed to be in the news a lot in 1998.

We got married... had three more babies.. with one on the way! Marty got a vasectomy and a reversal. That's how God blessed us with Zac and the next baby.

Managed to get along with my in laws. They pretty much hated me when I moved here. We put up some strict boundaries and I never rebuttled any of my MIL's nasty comments.

I finally went on a roller coaster at Six Flags in Agawam.

Went on vacation to NYC, Philly and Washington DC. Saw the "Old Man on the Mountain".. New Hampshire's state symbol before if fell off.

Found a really good church and went there for 3 1/2 years, till it fell apart.

Started letterboxing.

Became a Christian... and discovered Jesusfest. Made some really good friends here.

Went hiking for the first time up Lake George. It was 3 miles up (I thought i was going to die LOL) and then 3 miles back down.

I had gone swimming in the Great Lakes all my life... and finally got to swim in the ocean... the Atlantic Ocean.

We bought a house and had a foreclosure. Marty got in a wreck due to incliment weather. We bought the house we are living in now. Managed to get out of debt, just to get back in again.

Started homeschooling my kids.

In 1999 the prices of things: (taken from Anthony's baby book)
Gas was $1.29... Postage was 33c
Predictions for the future: rising economy (they were WAY OFF on that one!!)
People were worried about Y2K
Hit movies: Austin Powers 2, Blair Witch Project, Bugs Life, Stuart Little, Toy Story 2, My Favorite Martian

Today we are getting Tropical Storm Hanna and the last Tropical Storm we had was in 1999, was Floyd.

Before and after pic:




No comments: